How to Configure Shopify to Get Customer ID Info During Checkout
To place shipment orders to certain destinations (e.g. Taiwan), it is necessary to provide the recipient’s ID number. This article explains how this can be achieved by making use of the Company field during Shopify checkout, which is a solution that can work for all Shopify plans.
1. Navigate to your Shopify store’s admin page.
2. Navigate to Sales channels -> Online Store -> Themes.
3. Click the “…“ button and then click Edit default theme content.
4. Search for Company. Update the label of Optional company label to, for instance, “ID number (required for Taiwan customers)”.
5. Navigate to Settings -> Checkout -> Customer information, then set Company name to Optional or Required.
6. Save your changes.